Product Development Engineer
Please send your resume to Knaack.HRMail@wernerco.com
This incumbent will be a principle participant on the Research and Development team. S/he will contribute to the conceptualization, design, development, validation and launch of new products for the Knaack and Weather Guard brands.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strongly contribute to driving innovation and creativity in our new products.
- Strive to deliver on commitments including meeting costs, timing and performance criterion on new products.
- Contribute to problem solving and continuous improvement teams.
- Apply engineering discipline and strong experimental technique to complex problems.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across a cross-functional organization.
- Champion Design for Manufacturability and Value Engineering.
- Participate in core team activity on all new product programs.
The ideal candidate would possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of new product development experience.
- Experience with low volume/high mix sheet metal fabrication operations.
- Experience with 3-D CAD modeling and design.
- Experience with FEA Simulation and Analysis.
- Strong familiarity with Stage Gate development processes.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience operating successfully in a matrix organization.
Additional Company Information
Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the advancement of qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Additional Website Information
To learn more about the Knaack and Weather Guard brands, please visit the following links.