You accepted the End User License Agreement (EULA).
It is necessary to accept the EULA presented at the start of the download. Refusal to accept the EULA will result in this error message.
The VS ActiveX control was successfully downloaded.
When Internet Explorer encounter an error attempting to download or install an ActiveX control, it creates a download log file. This text may provide useful troubleshooting information. Each download failure is logged in a separate file and stored in the browser's cache folder. The log file can be viewed by two methods.
You may view log files with Microsoft's Code Download Log Viewer utility.
You may also view log files manually, as follows:
- From IE Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click Settings for the browsing history.
- Click View Files
- Search for files beginning with ?CodeDownloadErrorLog!
- The files can be dragged and dropped into Internet Explorer for viewing.
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252937 for more information.
The VS ActiveX control was successfully installed.
To verify that an ActiveX control has been successfully downloaded and installed, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to:
C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
- Look or the relevant ActiveX control by name or icon.
- Ensure that the Status column indicates "Installed" and not "Unknown", "Damaged" or something else.
- Ensure that the Total Size column indicates a size of several megabytes (if it's far less, then there's a problem).
- Right-click the control icon and pick Properties.
- The list of Dependencies should contain five files, but must minimally contain the OCX file and the support DLL (ztoolres.dll).
Your browser's ActiveX security settings are correct.
The most common cause of ActiveX errors is security policy violations. The browser's security settings are located in the Internet Options dialog, accessible from the Tools menu.
The WEATHER GUARD Vehicle Solutions ActiveX control is signed and marked safe for initialization and scripting. Downloading, executing and scripting such controls should be enabled.
- On the Security tab, click Internet, and then Custom Level.
- Scroll Down to the "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" section.
- Ensure that the following are set to Enable or Prompt:
Download signed ActiveX Controls
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
Though unlikely, it is also possible for an ActiveX installation to fail if Knaack's digital signing certificate has been added to the list on untrusted publishers.
- On the Content tab, click Publishers.
- In the Certificates dialog, click Untrusted Publishers.
- Ensure that the hosting URL for WEATHER GUARD Vehicle Solutions is not listed.
Any anti-virus software you may have installed is not blocking ActiveX.